Faith United Church of Christ
Faith UCC is not just a church. Rather, we are a dynamic and energetic spiritual community dedicated toward walking the Jesus Way in all do and are. The heartbeat of our faith revolves love, inclusion, equality, authenticity, and justice. We seek to walk humbly in this beautiful world, while engaging areas of injustice that try to hide the world's beauty.
We pray. We protest. We march. We love. And above all, we welcome.
And did I mention we laugh - a lot? Well, we do!
If this sounds like something you are interested in experiencing as part of your spriritual journey, put on your flip flops, grab your coffee, and come on a Sunday at 10:30am for a service.
The Mission of Faith United Church of Christ is to be a progressive spiritual voice rooted in love. Through intentionally inclusive fellowship, challenging spiritual education and lively advocacy around issues of justice, we seek to inspire spiritual journeys as we follow the Jesus way of love and peace in the world.
While recognizing that every member has the freedom to discern the truths of God, Faith UCC ascribes to the spiritual path outlined by the Center for Progressive Christianity in its “8 Points of Progressive Christianity.” The eight points follow.
1. Believe that following the path and teachings of Jesus can lead to an awareness and experience of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life;
2. Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience the Sacredness and Oneness of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdom in our spiritual journey;
3. Seek community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to:
• Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics,
• Believers and agnostics,
• Women and men,
• Those of all sexual orientations and gender identities,
• Those of all classes and abilities;
4. Know that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe;
5. Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning than in absolutes;
6. Strive for peace and justice among all people;
7. Strive to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth;
8. Commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love.